Metaphors of Movement with Andrew T. Austin
in Bali, Indonesia
£795.00 per person
Early bird and group discount available. Details to be announced.
This is what some workshop participants who attended the workshop in Boulder, Colorado had to say:
“Andy’s MoM has infused me with new energy and perspective for the work I do. It has also given new life to the tools I already have.”
“Incredibly insightful and thought-provoking training. Andrew Austin is extremely entertaining, bold yet covertly compassionate, and skilfully models how to help chronic clients discover where they stand with their problems.”
“This training has helped me have a completely different view of all the training I’ve had to this point. My view of the world and others has expanded where I can fit so much more into it.“
“Andy provided four days of enlightenment for me to discover how I can take the client’s language as clues to what is needed. I have new tools for understanding metaphors. Even how amazing movement allows those “Ahas” of change. Change is what I see and know—change in how/what moves the client in life.”
“This is a simple straightforward way to shift behavior from a congruent, respectful perspective.“
“We all operate largely on the metaphors we carry in our minds, but we are not aware of them. Once Andy exposes you to the world of metaphor, you will never experience the world in the same way again.”
“Learn how to hear the meaning of metaphoric language—what a person believes their world looks like, and how that impacts their reactions to situations.“
This six-day training covers levels 1 – 2 of the MoM process and represents the core MoM work along with the advanced level 3 module.
Level 1. The Foundation
An overview of the structure of MoM and the delivery of the change work process. Level 1 is a two-day training that equips trainees to safely practice basic content-free MoM sessions for remedial change work purposes.
(a). Introduction to The MoM Process
- Full outline of the MoM process and session structure.
- Neurological rationale for the processes.
(b). Introduction to Metaphor Taxonomy and Creating Digital Change
- The Structure of Outcomes.
- The Obstructions: external rules and values.
- The Containers: container metaphors, inherited status, families and long-term problems.
- The Burdens: responsibilities and guilts.
- The Bubbles: beliefs and values.
Level 2. The Metaphoric Hierarchy
Level 2 is an exploration in how different metaphors logically lead to new metaphors, idioms and simile and how these can be arranged hierarchically. The overall theme of this level is that of relationships and emotional health. Level 2 training completes the practitioner status initiated at level 1.
(a). Introduction to relationships and creating analogical and generative change
- The Elevations: status games and awkward positions.
- Relational Positions: where we stand in relation to others.
- The Fulfilments: emotional trading and transactions.
- The Hurts: emotional injury and emotional health.
(b). Symbolism and time predication in metaphor
- Dream work and dream analysis.
- Introduction to Metaphors of Time.
- Introduction to Metaphors of Business and Money.
Level 3. The Ground Work
This intermediate level training is an exploration of how we support ourselves and the interaction within the metaphoric environment. This elucidates the generative change work principles taught at level 2 and provides a useful extension for creating generative change.
(a). How, Where and Why We Stand
- The Supports (anatomy and embodiment): supporting one’s self, receiving support, supporting others.
- The Supports (environmental): the ground on which we walk.
- The Cause: why we stand and what we stand for.
- The Leg Work: the relationship between the body and the ground.
- Symbolism, meaning and interaction.
- The Immersions: immersion metaphor.
- The body and physical health metaphors.
(b). All The World Is a Stage.
- Stage, acting and performance metaphor.
- Peak performance.
- Multiple identities, masks and illusions.
(c). Gaia – The personification of The Earth
- Chunking up the immediate metaphoric environment to global proportions as a projection from our psyche.
- Anthropomorphisation in metaphoric symbolism.
Metaphors of Movement with Andrew T. Austin in Bali, Indonesia
£795.00 per person
Please note that participants will be responsible for their own accommodation and flights etc.