Metaphors of Movement has been taught across the world, including India, United Kingdom, USA, Poland, Sweden, Holland, Hungary, Israel and Japan.
Attendees have included doctors and psychiatrists, counsellors, psychotherapists, NLP practitioners and trainers, hypnotherapists, prison and probation officers, police officers, teachers, security personnel and business leaders.
Download 24 page PDF file about Metaphors of Movement. (Right Click…Save As… Metaphors-of-Movement-Handout)
– Metaphors of Movement takes the guess work out of change work. It is a precision tool to help you home in on the client’s exact stuck point and how they are maintaining their problem state.
– Unlike other approaches that are intrusive, or covert, or discursive, once you understand the client’s unique metaphors, Metaphors of Movement gives you and your client lots of room for creative engagement. How far you go with ‘directing’ is entirely up to you, your style, your comfort level.
– Metaphors of Movement is much more empowering and effective for the client. Once past the initial work of unearthing their metaphors and directing them, clients awaken to their own beliefs, metaphors and stuck points, which triggers a series of rapid, self induced results. They get the ‘hang of it,’ and fast.
– The Metaphors of Movement models can be applied to both individual and corporate/organisation levels
Personal Change and Personal Development
With the Metaphors of Movement models, you will learn not only how to uncover your own metaphors, but how to engage them at a physiological and neurological level —a completely new approach to overcoming stuck states and creating effective movement towards our personal goals.
You will never hear language in the same way again!
In changework and therapy outcomes and goal setting is largely just fantasy. The key to personal change is not to focus on the outcome or goal, but rather to face the reality of where you are right now.
This is what some workshop participants who attended the four day program in Boulder, Colorado had to say:
“Andy’s MoM has infused me with new energy and perspective for the work I do. It has also given new life to the tools I already have.”
“Incredibly insightful and thought-provoking training. Andrew Austin is extremely entertaining, bold yet covertly compassionate, and skillfully models how to help chronic clients discover where they stand with their problems.”
Therapy and Healing
– Examples of the problem (what happens)
– Emotional responses to the problem (how we feel about what happens)
– The consequences of the problem (the effects of what happens)
– The diagnosis of the problem (what we call it)
But none of these explore the possible solutions that are inherent within the problem system.
“After working with their own Metaphors of Movement through these models, the experience people generally tend to describe is a sense of being more “awake.” So often we do not pay attention to our own communication, using metaphoric words seemingly at random that are in fact incredibly rich clues into our internal experience and strategies for moving through the world. Through attending to what we are each already saying, and to the underlying metaphoric structure, suddenly the way we maintain our problems is revealed, and we have the choice to change.”
“Andy provided four days of enlightenment for me to discover how I can take the client’s language as clues to what is needed. I have new tools for understanding metaphors. Even how amazing movement allows those “Ahas” of change. Change is what I see and know—change in how/what moves the client in life.”
“This training has helped me have a completely different view of all the training I’ve had to this point. My view of the world and others has expanded where I can fit so much more into it.”